upgrading PV550 to a PV Plus 600

mirxman54

Hello all, I am new to this site and fairly new to the automated world. What I am trying to do is upgrade a PV550 CAT#2711-T5A16L1 SER B FRN 4.46 to a PVPlus 600 Cat# 2711PT6M5D SER D. I have already converted the old program to a MER file. Everything looks OK only thing is when I try and connect it to the PLC I have no Comms, can I use the existing cable which is a
1761-CBL-PM02 to use on the PV600? Please help. Thanks

That cable is a null-modem cable you need a straight thru cable. (2711-NC13)

Pins 2,3 and 5 will do the job.

Does the existing cable have a null-modem adapter on it ?

Standard PanelViews and PanelView Plus terminals both have DCE type RS-232 ports, so there should be no difference in the cable.

The problem is most likely in the RSLinx Enterprise target tab configuration.

kindly send configuration how u are connecting the hmi to the plc either through any dh network or any or directly to the plc.....??? and how you define tags in factory talk (RSlinx Enterprise link)???

I would agree that the existing cable "should" work the same for the PVP600 RS-232 port.

You should be using the Migration Guide for PanelView Standard terminals:

Publication 2711P-AP001A-EN-P

Once you have successfully converted your application to an MER file, and sorted any discrepancies the Conversion Log might have thrown up, you can then move on to setting up Communications for the Designtime and Runtime environments. Design (Local) comms being for local testing from the programming PC to the PLC, and the Runtime (Target) comms being for the actual connection between the PanelView and PLC.

Refer to...

Chapter 7 - Qualify the Runtime Application:

Page 52: Configure Communication

If you find the Target comms are already setup ok, then make sure that when you are loading the MER file to the terminal, that you select to overwrite the existing terminal comms settings so as to use the newly configured Target settings.

Regards,
George

Thanks, I was on vacay and I am back today. I will verify the Comms in which I don't recall in setting that side of the xfer. I will keep you guys posted. Thanks again :)