Upgrading Control System - 5069 to 1747-SDN

jakeparsons03

We are in the process of upgrading a controls system. The existing system is a SLC500 with some IO cards and a 1747-SDN module communicating to a handful of motors. The way we are going to do the conversion is swapping the SLC500 for a 1747-AENTR and talking to the existing IO via the "new" remote rack.

The problem I have run into is my program doesn't want to bring in the 1747-SDN Module into the CPLX program via the 1747-AENTR Chassis. The other IO modules convert just fine except for that one. I could be having EDS file issues and I am looking into that but I am wondering if the 1747-SDN card is even compatible with new controllers? It seems like it should be but its odd that the EDS file doesn't come standard like the other IO EDS files.

User Manual for 1747-AENTR states that 1769-SDN is not supported.
Rockwell Automation Publication 1747-UM076D-EN-E - January 2019 Page 22.

>a 1747-SDN module communicating to a handful of motors.

I think the most straightforward way to integrate those motor control or protection devices into your new system is a Hilscher NetTap NT100-RE-DN.

The old Rockwell 1788-EN2DN would be easier and more simple to integrate, but they discontinued it in 2016.

I think the most straightforward way to integrate those motor control or protection devices into your new system is a Hilscher NetTap NT100-RE-DN.

The old Rockwell 1788-EN2DN would be easier and more simple to integrate, but they discontinued it in 2016.

Just wanna add, I'm deploying 67 of those Hilscher gateways. They work great.