Maping inputs/outputs PLC Direct

chido

Hello, I am a new PLC Direct user and I am writting a program for a chemical process using Direct Logic 205. I have three questions:
1) I placed two analog input modules (F2-08AS-1) in the first two slots of the base, how do I access these inputs in the program? I know that digital inputs are Xs, but analog?

2) I am using an extension base, where do I place the expansion module D2-EM?

3) I will place 1 DC input module (D2-12TA) and two digital outputs (D2-16TD2-2) on the expansion base, what are the addresses of those signals (i.e. X and Y)????

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you plan on using the D2-EM, you need to install a D2-CM in the first slot of the expansion base. The D2-EM is attached to the right side of the base. You need to have 1 for each base that is in your system.

As Bernie said, the manuals will give you more detailed info on setting up the Analog modules.

By the way, the D2-12TA is an AC output module, not an input module. The D2-8ND3 is a DC input module.

The addresses will be dependent on what cards are closer to the power supply. I always place my discrete Input/Output cards before the analog cards. That way, my I/O can start with X0/Y0.

Here is an example setting up the analog card in the first slot. Register V2000 will have 0-4095 data for 0-100% of the analog signal. Some of these parameters change depending on card location and model etc. so check the manual for the correct values.

250_a_i.jpg