RSLogix5000 Function

Bbarnett

Is there a function that treats an array like an XIO/XIC contact?

I have an array of BOOLs and if any of them = 1, I would like the rung to go true.

Thanks.

If i may ask why use boolean array's? Instead a more efficient way i think would be to use an INT or DINT data type then monitor the bits within those data type such that any time the INT or DINT value is NOT equal to zero then have your rung go true

See the attachment,

I wrote a quick sample in logix 5000. So basically You have a tag called Boolean_Array which has an array size of 32 Bool elements. In logix 5000 it defaults to 32 booleans by default. Then i also created my pointer tag called Index, which will iterate through the Boolean array, and at any time any of the boolean bit has a positive transition you trigger will energize.

I made it a latch so you can capture it