Function block rslogix5000

ssarora

Hello I'm trying to use function blocks to scale engineering units to W.C. reading.
but I don't see the option to create the function block is their a reason for not being able to use it or see it. I have tried to create a new routine, but it is not included within the option

Hello I'm trying to use function blocks to scale engineering units to W.C. reading.
but I don't see the option to create the function block is their a reason for not being able to use it or see it. I have tried to create a new routine, but it is not included within the option

Do you have the FB language pack included in your install? It might just need to be specified when you install Logix, but it also may not be included in your license.

If you go to Help>About LogixDesigner (or RSLogix) and then click the More Info... button on the bottom right it'll show you the programming languages you have installed. You can see in my screenshots that Function Block Diagram is shown as a feature.

About Logix5000.JPG About Logix5000 More Info.JPG

is your program in FB or Ladder? if Ladder.. there is no premade AOI for scaling. You'll have to make it and add it. the exemplar can be found in Rockwell's Tech Connect stuff. Why it wasn't made as a standard for RS5K i dunno.. its rockwell... King of Unstable Software..

is your program in FB or Ladder? if Ladder.. there is no premade AOI for scaling. You'll have to make it and add it. the exemplar can be found in Rockwell's Tech Connect stuff. Why it wasn't made as a standard for RS5K i dunno.. its rockwell... King of Unstable Software..

Never made sense to me that SCL/SCP instructions are available by default for the MicroLogix PLCs but not Control/CompactLogix PLCs. I have used an SCP AOI from the Rockwell Sample Code Library that worked great.