Crimson 3

monkeyhead89

Hi there,

I need to record a value at a specific time of day, for arguments sake say 9am and then record the value at the end of the day too.

What is the best way to go about this?

Ive been playing around with Ontick but I cant get my head around only logging this value between specific times it instead continually logs the value every second so I need some way of breaking out of this and only log once for a given time.

You can write a program that you call with OnTick or write a script directly in the Complex Code to check the time and do a compare to set a bit for logging.

GetHour(GetNow()) - will give you the current hour;

In the tick if I do the following:

if(GetHour(GetNow()) == 9){

dosomething();

}

For every second of the 9th hour it will it call dosomthing() repeatedly? As I only need it do it once?
Or am I over thinking this

In the tick if I do the following:

dosomething();

}

For every second of the 9th hour it will it call dosomthing() repeatedly? As I only need it do it once?
Or am I over thinking this

I need to pull some counts around 6:45 each day so I created the tag:
GetHour(GetNow())==6 && GetMin(GetNow())==43

I then use that to trigger a log to pull the data.

Dave

How about this slight modification to call it just once during the 9:00 AM hour (and reset for the next 9:00 AM the rest of the time):

if( GotItTag == 0 ) {
dosomething();
GotItTag = 1;
}

} else {
GotItTag = 0;
}

Last edited: