tsx07 21 2428 v2.4 and 3.1

idfx43

hi,

I can't connect to a tsx07 2428 V2.4 but no problem with the same tsx V3.1. I use pl707 V4.0 , Win2K and Unitelway driver V1.0 IE04. I hope some body can help me.... thank you

thomas

I'm using the TSXPCU1030 cable and a use the PL7 pro V4.0 for the TSX3721. Help me pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase… thank you.

My suggestion is to get the newer cable or find a computer that uses Win 95 or 98.

The TSXPCU1031 cable has a device in it that helps to overcome the serial port time out problems of the Unitelway protocol and Windows 2000.

TSXPCU1030 or TSXPCU1031

Can anybody tell me the different of cable TSXPCU1030 or TSXPCU1031.
which is used to connect PC and PLC ??
Many thanks

Hi,
I have been in your situation. I tried different
combinations of cables, but I had to go back to windows 98 to establish communication regardless of the cable.

I found this problem on any tsx 07 XXXX older than V3.0

Rgds,
Martin

Cables

swie,

These are both old versions of programming cables.

The TSXPCU1030 was the original RS232 to RS485 serial port programming cable. The next version was the TSXPCU1031 which was capable of working with the newer driver for Win ME/2000. A new cable was required to deal with the way PCs now handle serial port timing and power management.

The current cable is TSXPCX1031, which includes the capability of also connecting to the Twido controller.

Old drivers (<V4.0) require old cables.
New drivers used with old cables act like old drivers.

Old thread, but I just went through this nightmare.
Machine sat in storage for 10 years (Heller reflow oven). Modicon TSX Nano TSX07 2428 V3.0 was flashing Error LED. Downloaded PL707 V4, made 2 floppies, and installed on system's IBM PC running DOS 6.22.
Bought TSXPCU1030 because that was the "DOS" version. No comms. The solution is to build an adapter cable, described here on page 3 of a document from Schneider. In case the thread dies, it's 2-2, 3-3, and 5-5. Add a jumper on PC side, 7-8. Add a jumper on TSXPCU1030 side, 3-7. From the document, I assume the TSXPCX1031 cable would have worked without this adapter.
Next issue was the fault. Program is stored in EEPROM, but executes in battery-backed RAM. The cure was to use one of the software functions to copy program from EEPROM to RAM.
Next challenge is to find out how to replace battery. Option is to port software over to a newer product.
Rotary switch is address. Zero for PLC, one for first expansion unit, etc.

Last edited: