Unity Pro - Input word on ethernet module

atomtm

Hello!
I have a section where %MW50.5 = %iw0.2.0.1 AND %iw0.2.0.2 is stated.
I know that %iw0.2.0.1 is the input word for rack 0 , module 2 , channel 0 , bit 1 .
The thing is that module 2 is TSX ETY PORT on the Xbus configuration.
This is very confusing to me as I can not understand how these input words are being received from the ETY module. It would be clear if they were %MW so I could check for the Modbus Address on the remote device,or if the %IW were associated to an Analog Input module, but how are these words working on an ETY module ?
Please give me some advice!

Thank you in advance

In Unity you are able to generate all systembits and words from each hardware module like %IW. Select a hardware module like the TSXETY in the hardware configuration and use the tab "I/O objects". The objects in this tab can be generated to your variabelelist of the application.👨🏻‍🏫

In Unity you are able to generate all systembits and words from each hardware module like %IW. Select a hardware module like the TSXETY in the hardware configuration and use the tab "I/O objects". The objects in this tab can be generated to your variabelelist of the application.👨🏻‍🏫

Thank you for your reply !
I have listed all %IW in the I/O objects tab like you said , but it seems that there is no additional information on the %IW that are used in the program (just the type : INT) .
Am I missing something ?

As these are inputs to the ETY module , how would they look like on the remote device as outputs? I mean how would the output device send something to the ETY module and this should get it as %IW (Modbus address)?
By the way the remote PLC uses PL7.

Last edited:
The generated words like %IW0.2.0.1 are sending from ETY module thru the backplane and XBus to the CPU. There is no way to control these words by the user or application other than copy them in your application to %MW words.

Ok !
Could you give an example how these words are generated and why are they used for ? I mean when and why does these bits go from 0 to 1 or vice versa? Are these some kind of health status bits?

Please forgive my ignorance ! (Trying to learn)

%IW0.2.0.1 is backplane number 0, modulenumber 2, channel 0 and bit 1. Can you describe the hardware configuration?

They are health and status bits for the module - check the module documentation for their meaning
I guess you are using Quantum, in an M340/M580 these status inputs are available as an IODDT where all the bits and words are defined

Of course !
backplane number :
0 : psu
1 : cpu
2 : ety port
4 : scy
3 : analog in
4 : digital in
5 : digital in
6 : digital out

if you need more information please let me know

They are health and status bits for the module - check the module documentation for their meaning
I guess you are using Quantum, in an M340/M580 these status inputs are available as an IODDT where all the bits and words are defined

I use premium on P57 .

Can't find information in the ETY module documentation . Should I check in the CPU's?

I found some information in Unity's help for Momentum.

Last edited:
Check the Premium CPU software manuals on Schneider website, there the description of %IW should be described.

Can't really find anything about the %IW . If anyone could provide me more information about the subject , or any external source to read about it , would really appreciate it !

Thank you

It's in the Unity help file, though not the easiest to find. Search for this:

T_COM_ETHCOPRO*, implicit exchange objects, Ethernet (Premium/Atrium)