Red Lion Log Files

wdd0422

Hey everybody

I am logging files that I want to view with the web browser, the problem is that they open as text files even though the files are associated with Excell. I have tried it in Chrome, IE and Firefox. Is there a work around for this? I'd like them to open in Excell.

Thanks
Bill

wouldn't you browse to the file in file manager, right-click, select 'open with', select Excel and make certain that the 'Always use th e selected program to open this file type' is checked?

yes, I do have it set that way. I believe it is the browser telling it to open as text. I cant find anything in the options that will allow me to change that.

Well, at least in IE10, goto Tools / Internet Options/Programs / Set Programs / Associate a file type or protocol with a program. Then select your file type and the default program to open the file with.

IE10 does NOT run Excel in the web browser, but instead starts Excel and opens the file selected.

I believe you have to add your device's IP address to your compatibility view settings. You can access this under the settings icon on the menu bar. (Located directly under the "X" to close the window on my browser)

Hope this helps

Dave