4 PIT's and 4 pumps

learner

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,

Got 4 PIT's at the discharge of 4 parallel pumps. One PIC will be controlling the speed of these pumps based on the the PIT's value. the PV to the PIC is actually the highest PIT value among the 4 PIT's.

any of the 4 pumps could be on / off at anytime. the PIT value is only considered if the associated pump is running and the PIT has no fault.

I can go through bunch of crazy comparison and find out the highest PIT reading at a time. What I am looking for is to do this a bit smarter. I would appreciate if you have any suggestion with this regard.

Thanks,

Always a Learner;)

Its only three comparisons.

Assume the first is the highest.
Now one at a time compare the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th to the assumed highest. If any of them are higher then make it the new assumed highest. After three compares the assumed highest is the confirmed highest.