In a huge pit in cx programmer

TapeRia

The plc model im using is CP2E-N
Using a CP2W-CIFD02 to program Omron Multi-power controller. With RS 485.
Since im a beginner in PLC, i just started to learned about RS 485, read the whole omron multi power controller but have no clue on how to program it in cx programmer, 2 days ago while i was testing some programs the COMM (EX) was light up which i assume it has make communication with the controller but now it has turn off again and the error A50.04 is 1. A638.01 does not light up from the function block or if i use MOV commands to program.

Can anyone explain to me why does the A638.01 will not turn on and A50.04 does turn off after i reconnect the supply but turns on again after i turn A638.00 on again. And how do i program the controller if it only shows CompoWay/F and no other way like function codes or the sort.

Edit: The Multi-power controller is OMRON G3ZA-4H03-FLK

Last edited:
TapeRia,
Welcome to the forum.
Attached image shows the A638 information.
A50.04 is a communication error.
There is manual for the G3ZA communication #Z200.
You may want to review that manual.

I would recommend you contact your local Omron tech support.

gtsuport

CP2E_A638.jpg

Hey gtsuport,
I have read the manual u mentioned and I tried programming the controller but I don't understand how am I suppose to program CompoWay/F in cx programmer. From what I have read, I have to use other programming applications to program it, is that right? Or is there a way to program it in cx programmer but is using the Send instruction.

Got the A50.14 to turned off finally (Serial Port 1 (EX)
Communication Error Flag). Only problem now is that A638.01 wont turn on (Modbus-RTU Master Execution Normal Flag). If anyone have any theories as to why it wont turn on is much appreciated.

From what I can see, you would need to set the communication mode to Serial Gateway to connect via Compobus/F.
It does not look like that setting can be made with your hardware.
That is why I suggested you contact your local Omron tech support to confirm this.

gtsuport