Use system clock to simulate pulsed input

Mongoid

Hi Folks,

I have a ladder that includes an inductive sensor used to sense rotation at the idler end of a conveyor belt.

I'm using a Micro 820 and Connected Components Workbench. In order to test and simulate the pulsed input I have set the interval low (2 seconds) and manually toggle a switch. This has limited use šŸ™ƒ

Is there any way to use the system clock to simulate a pulsed input?

Thanks

Mongoid

If you Set up a rung that examines the system time one second,
and use the bit zero of that one second word,
you will be able to simulate a one seond on,
then one second off alternating output.

Hi Gil,

That sounds great. Any idea how to access bits of stored words in this software? I can't find much. I banged my head against the wall trying to find a TT bit in this software only to find(from a post here) that you have to create it yourself using the conditions for rising edge, and Q (DN bit).If the rising edge is true and Q is not true then TT.
Mickey had a post that referenced using the free running clock but there doesnt appear to be an equivalent in Connected Components.

Thanks,

Mongoid

In Rockwell RSLogix 5 and 500 software the address would be S:xx/0
xx being the address of the seconds,

Another option could be to create a 2 second timer and use address T4:xx/0

What Software package are you using.

Last edited:
Thank you

Thanks folks,

Cool. I never thought of using my own variable to use as the pulse input. It was easy to create a pulse using the built in TONOFF function block, after looking at your suggestion from Mark.

Mongoid

PulseTime.jpg

Great,

Thanks for posting it... it should help others that are trying something similar :site: