Can I make FactoryTalk View SE Graph from Left to Right?

ehhakeoiiijge

The default trend has the pens on the right and historical data is shifted to the left over time. Is there a way to have it do the opposite?

Thanks in advance!

Hmmm, not quite sure WHY you would want to do this, as it makes the X-axis (the time axis) backwards, and is clearly going against accepted practice and convention.

Anyway, a shorter answer is no, it can't be done with the RSTrendX control.

Of course there's nothing stopping you from writing your own ActiveX control (or getting someone to do it for you), but that is way, way above my capabilities.

Laterally thinking, you could put a mirror at 90 degrees to the HMI screen and look at a standard trend in the mirror....

Thanks Daba.

Here is the situation. Maybe you can suggest a better way to do this:

We have a cook cycle which is supposed to connect a number of setpoints we have assigned it at various time markers, eg. 50C at 5:00, 60C at 6:00, 80C at 10:00, and 100C at 15:00.

We want the chart to show the expected values at these markers and then follow the curve with the real data as it happens.

How would you do this Daba?

Thanks

Overlay charts are one of the things that the Trend object in FactoryTalk View is not good at.

It's always a continuous trend with time increasing along the X-axis to the right.

There are other software packages with superior overlay and SQL plot capabilities, in particular Ignition.

I've had very good success with .NET products from Nevron Software, and they have an ActiveX chart product that might integrate with FTView SE's live data. You could give that a look.

Thanks Daba.

Here is the situation. Maybe you can suggest a better way to do this:

We have a cook cycle which is supposed to connect a number of setpoints we have assigned it at various time markers, eg. 50C at 5:00, 60C at 6:00, 80C at 10:00, and 100C at 15:00.

We want the chart to show the expected values at these markers and then follow the curve with the real data as it happens.

How would you do this Daba?

Thanks

I would plot the setpoints as well as the temperature. Of course the setpoints would give straight lines, but the temperature can be viewed as it traverses from one setpoint to the next. On one trend, you would be able to have up to seven setpoints, plus the temperature pen.

Something like this ? perhaps....

2014-08-30_101049.jpg

Thank you very much Ken and Daba. For our project I think Daba's solution will work best. Thanks for taking the time to demonstrate it so clearly.

Thanks!