FactoryTalk View SE 6.10 Graph Problem, HELP!

A customer of ours is running FactoryTalk View SE 6.10 and has been having a problem with the data graph. Customer states that the graph going blank and that they have to restart the computer. I have been looking at deleting the file in which the data charts are loging the data. Also I was thinking about places a patch on the program.
Please let me know if you have had this same issue and what fixed it

thanks

Hi

Can't say it ever happened but I mainly work with me and wonder ware.
I have only used se a few times but I would create a new graph and log it to a new file. I would also tun off the screen saver and stop the pc from going to sleep mode.

I am sure someone will come up with more ideas

Donnchadh

Definitely check the patches installed.

The Rockwell knowledge base has a technote called "FTView SE patches TOC" for version 6.10 You could take a look at that and see if anything sounds relevant to your trend issue.

Or, just install all the patches (patch roll-up). But I prefer to only make changes for known problems with known fixes, rather than a blanket patch update.

Check out your data log file in studio. It is probably set to only log data at change. When it is set to only on change then the graphs will disappear (especially digital graphs) You should set it to log data at every one second.

Look in Windows Event Viewer for around the time the chart stops.
FTView SE has a habit of just randomly stopping datalogging and not restarting if there is a hiccup anywhere.

Patch did not work at all. We started a new folder that the data is being written to because it seems that the old file was causing the problem. Also, the customer did not have it on a ups.

thank guys