HC900 Version Compatibility

archy

Hi,

I was given a C30 to develop a program on my test bench and a 10" Control Station for the interface. When I arrived at the jobsite, I discovered that a C30S had been installed along with a 15" Display. The cde and sds I had created are not compatible with these devices. The Hybrid Control Designer software I have doesn't have a C30S Save As. Am I out of luck or can these files be converted for use in the installed devices?

What is a C30S? Where does the number come from?

The only suffix letter I'm aware of is the C70R, the redundant controller.

There's a scanner module for additional racks, but a scanner only works with C50, C70, or C70R controllers; and a scanner is not a CPU, it's an I/O scanner.

Honeywell just recently came up with a whole new set of updated hardware for the HC900 family. The C30S is one of them and as archy pointed out, it's a SIL rated processor.
You will need to update your Designer Software to version 6 since in order to be able to convert your current project to a C30S. That's the version I'm using right now, and I have the option to Save As "HC900-C30S Rev 6.0x files (*.cde)"

I'm assuming there is an update for the Station Designer software too, but I haven't seen that one.