Micrologix 1100 & FMS Ethernet/IP

Gomez_

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,

I'm attempting to connect the 1100 to an FMS CMGZ309 EIP Tension Controller using the MSG command.

From what I can tell It should support generic CIP messages, but all of the setup instructions are for a RS logix 5000 style PLC.

I have attached the EDS and here is a screenshot from the manual:

afuBgn9.png

My main goal is to read from the Input assembly (which has the tension values)

Secondary goal would be read and write to the config assembly.

Should I use the standard "Read assembly" service?
Should I use a custom service?

My attempts so far have all resulted in errors:

Uv6QJSL.png

Thanks,

Gomez

I figured out my issue! Everything was configured correctly in the message, except FMS added another parameter so my size was too small for receiving the data.