Beckhoff I/O with Siemens TI 545

godfrey

I need to interface some Beckhoff remote I/O racks with a TI 545. How have you done it? I am thinking of Ethernet via a Beckhoff 9100 TCP/IP comm. module to the Ethernet card in the main PLC rack, a CTI model 2572A. Has anyone done this over Profibus? Thanks.

Hello godfrey

I used Wago remote I/O connected to CTI 2500-C400 plc using profibus.
So Beckhoff should be possible to.
You can only a maximum nummer of 16 slots(limitation of TI) for one DP adress.

Regards

Henny

Godfrey,
I've used Wago hardware over Profibus on the TI555 and it has been a good experience. I've also done Industrial Control Links hardware using Modbus/TCP into the 2572A; this also has worked well.

My preference of the two was using Profibus.

Tom