Panelbuilder32 Alarm message help

dfafard

Hi guys!
I'll try to keep it short:
The actual setup of my panelview is a page that redirects to 20 something pages, each filled with 10 fields stating "XXX is working" or "XXX is in fault". each time something is in fault, the screen blinks and the operator must go in that particular page to ack the fault. I am trying to replace all this with the Alarm banner and I have successfully converted most of my alarms there. But ( there is always a but!) some of the messages were dynamic and showed a number stored in a tag.
Tag is written as follow: /*V:3 my_tag_name NOFILL FIX:0*/
I get the parameters and the syntax, but when I copy exactly this in my alarm message, I always get an error:
[Tag:my-tag_name] Tag is not included in the alarm trigger's scan group or the update frequency does not match the trigger's update frequency.

Does anyone know why my tag is not working when I simply put it in another field?

I'm new to PanelBuilder32 and do not have a lot of experience yet, so I tough I might ask some help.

Thanks and sorry for the long post!

You might try using the right click menu to manually insert the dynamic variable into your alarm message rather than copying and pasting. If you have not done that already. I believe what you describe is possible in PB32.

I think there is a technote answer for the help section not working in Windows 7 if that is your issue...something about marking some file attributes somewhere...I no longer have access.

Last edited:
Well the copy paste worked fine but the problem is about the "trigger's scan group" ...It seems the embed variable has to be with the same 40 words block of address than the trigger. The old setup uses more than that for the triggers and as much for the variables, so I think i'm screwed. Anyway thanks for your answer