PFLX525. Swap the power module only?

unsaint32

After PFLX525 malfunction, someone installed 1/2HP drive, when the project needed 2HP drive. I think only difference between 1/2HP PFLX525 & 2HP PFLX525 is the power module. Please correct me if not so.

If so, can I just swap out the power module? In other words, can I take the control module off the 1/2HP drive power module then plug it into the 2HP drive power module? If I did that, do I need to do any configuration?

At the very least you would have to program the motor details.

I know on some of the other PowerFlex drives the drive size is on the Gate Driver Board (Power Interface Board), so I would be supprised if this drive was not the same.

Alan

Yes you can, the control modules are all the same, the power module is coded to tell the control module what you are plugging it into so that it changes the parameter ranges for size related issues. Back up your program first however.