Monitoring in TIA Portal

trespaser5

Hello,

We have one S7 PLC on our site which runs a Heat Treatment Plant. So we went out and dutifully bought the correct software for our CPU which was TIA Portal V12 with just the PLC programming bit, not WinCC etc.

We have fallen out with the OEM of the Heat Treatment Plant so the program they left us with, which on comparison was incorrect, we are stuck with.

Therefore I have uploaded the program from the PLC and would like to interrogate it but cannot do so without re-compiling and re-downloading an individual FC block (which involves an inconsequencial modification), and even then I can only monitor that FC block.

Why is this ? All the little indicators are green showing that comparison between offline and online is successful. Also
I realise they may be protected but I have the password, however I cannot see where to put it in.

Any ideas out there ?

I am a newbie when it comes to Step7 software, but I have received quite a bit of support from my Siemens vendor. I would suggest contacting your local rep as they could help you straight away.