VersaPro Load Error

Troy_Walker

I installed VersaPro on a Toughbook with XP Pro on it. Not sure of the service packs installed on it. I tried connecting to a 90-30 to troubleshoot some issues for a customer. The connecting went fine and I started to upload the code and hardware configuration to my laptop. I got a "Load Error, 0x4005 - Unspecified error" message. Then it moved to sending the hardware configuration which appears to have gone ok. The ladder seems to be all there but my Logic is showing "not equal". This stops me from monitoring real time. I tried installing VersaPro on a different laptop with different operating system but had the same results. I am new at VersaPro/GE and may be doing something wrong. But the process has been pretty straight forward up until this point. Any help is greatly appreciated. I would post pictures if I knew how.

There are at least two potential issues here:
1. VersaPro was never sanctioned on XP, yes it is that old.
2. If the PLC was originally loaded by some means other than your version of VersaPro the only way to get Logic equal will be to Download with your version of VP.

So, take my fresh upload to my computer and turn around and send it back to the PLC as the download. I guess I was afraid that something might not be right when I send it back, but I just uploaded it. It has to be the same code.

Yep, it's a matter of "trust".
If this is REALLY Important, back it up to a USB drive first. :)

ok, I tried it and it told me "Error: Firmware revision 6.61 is incompatible with VersaPro. Minimum supported firmware revision is 8.21. Store failed."
I abandoned that and loaded Logic Master. I was able to get a good upload and the logic was equal. Not my first choice of programs to use but I guess it will have to do without any hardware upgrades......thanks for your assistance.

ok, I tried it and it told me "Error: Firmware revision 6.61 is incompatible with VersaPro. Minimum supported firmware revision is 8.21. Store failed."
I abandoned that and loaded Logic Master. I was able to get a good upload and the logic was equal. Not my first choice of programs to use but I guess it will have to do without any hardware upgrades......thanks for your assistance.
Happy to hear that you have completed the job.
FYI and for the future:
That error can be turned off or made a warning in the SW's options area.
It has been my experience (and I have a lot) that this can safely be ignored for Version 4.x and later. However one MUST not use any 'new' features or hardware that your version is not designed for. (n)

If the CPU is IC693CPU350 or later, you can update via software download from support.ge-ip.com, any CPU less than CPU350 one must purchase a PROM to update.