Versapro Download Failure

WillPollock

Hi all:
Since upgrading from a Win2K laptop to an XP PRO laptop, I have been unable to store logic to a GE Fanuc 9030 CPU. Even starting with equal logic, any changes I make, when I attempt to store to plc I get Unspecified Error 0x4005. I am trying to do a run-mode store as my application is a Jail, and stopping PLCs jsut doesn't go over well. No problems were experienced until I was forced to get a new laptop. O/S is XP Pro 2002 SP2, Versapro 2.04.

I can find no mention of this anywhere on GEfanuc website. And they have not responded in two weeks.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

-Will

To get a quicker reply you need to send your GE Fanuc support questions to [email protected] instead of the GE Fanuc Forum, and it would help if you used Proficy ME instead of VersaPro.
I have had this same problem with VP version 2.03 and corrected it by either adding a patch or re-installing the software it was so long ago that I do not recall details.
The version 2.04 patch is at:
http://support.gefanuc.com/support/index?page=home&view=AUTOMATION&SMSESSION=NO
On the right under "Downlods" select SIMS and get Version 2.04 SP4.
It was on page 2 of the default "SIMS" filter.
If you already have it or if it does not help please, re-install VersaPro.
HTH

Russ:
Thanks for the response. I originally did email [email protected] they responded right away to tell me I hadn't provided enough info, customer #, serial #, etc. That's who I've been waiting on.

I did already download and install the service pack, prior to my post. I will follow your advice and reinstall VP to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks again.
-Will

Russ:

I reinstalled VP2.04 and it appears to be working now. It crashes if I try to store with Service Pack 3 installed. But I can do without the SP3.

Thanks again
-Will