iFix HMI to remote OPC Servers?

harryting

Lifetime Supporting Member
Sorry about the title, it's hard to sum up my question in succinct enough form.

In this system I'm designing, there will be a PC running OPC server that communicate to various serial and Ethernet devices in several protocols. I'll also have a iFix HMI machine and a process historian running on separate PCs.

In the past we always bought the standard IGS server that works with iFix, however, since we will use an OPC server already can I just point the iFix to the OPC server on the other PC and eliminate the need for the IGS driver?

Similar Topics

I was wondering if anyone knew a way to go about creating a heartbeat between a PLC and an iFix HMI screen so that you can see when the PLC is out...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've got a problem with a system running IFix 3.5. It's a ship with two Fanuc 90-30 PLC's and with 2 HMI (desktop computers) Both...
Replies
Views
I creating a new HMI display for my work. I'm new to IFix so I would really appreciate if someone can help me on this. I'm creating a jogging...
Replies
Views
We just replaced a SLC5/05 processor with a CompactLogix and are wondering if there is a way to create a "data file" in the compact logix that can...
Replies
Views
Hi Experts; Any friends know where from i download the DEMO IFIX Ver 4.5? Regards
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom