Running a CompactLogix program with Emulate 5000

rexcramer

Good afternoon.

I have a CompactLogix program that I am trying to run with an Emulate5000 controller. The program was written with a 1769-L33ER controller and has only remote IO controlled via Ethernet.

I can not change the slot # assigned to the L33 controller, and when I try to change the controller to an Emulate 5000 controller I get a Fatal Application Error and crash RSLogix 5000.

Is there a way to change the controller to an Emulate controller, or do I have to rewrite the program with the Emulator controller and simulated IO from the beginning?

Thanks

Shouldn't have to write from scratch

I just grabbed a random compactlogix program that is from a running machine. I changed it to the "Emulator RSLogix Emulate 5000 Controller" and it did the change without any errors.

Not sure what is wrong. I guess more details would be needed.

Last edited:
rexcramer said:
...I can not change the slot # assigned to the L33 controller, and when I try to change the controller to an Emulate 5000 controller I get a Fatal Application Error and crash RSLogix 5000...

You have given specific details for the error message you are getting, but this is possibly relavent...

36238 - RSLogix Emulate 5000: Internal Error! Failed to install RSLogix Emulate 5000 in slot!
Access Level: TechConnect

Regards,
George

You have not given specific details for the error message you are getting, but this is possibly relavent...

36238 - RSLogix Emulate 5000: Internal Error! Failed to install RSLogix Emulate 5000 in slot!
Access Level: TechConnect

Regards,
George

LATE EDIT: reason: I'm dumb