SmartGuard 600 thoughts

z28z34man

Hi I am new here and have a few questions for people that have used SmartGuard 600 system.

at where i work we are in the process of upgrading our safety system in all of our machines to incorporate sick safety scanners and to interlock various components. currently we use hard wire safety relays and relay logic to get the job done but in an ever changing environment i feel warrants a safety plc for ease of future upgrades.

remote io and adaptability is a must for me as well as interchangeability. We currently have a few control logix safety plcs with safety point io modules over Ethernet.

My only concern is that i am tied to devicenet for remote io and would prefer Ethernet.

what are your thoughts and am i missing a better option for a similar price.