Can't go online with Smartguard 600 to download program

RSNetworx for DeviceNet v11.0
RSLinx 3.71

Our electrical designer is using a 1752-L24BBBE SmartGuard 600 Controller to control a project's cell safety circuit that i've started working on.

I am trying to get the project downloaded through the USB port. I have RSLinx setup with the smartguard driver and when I browse the connection I see the device and can see the DeviceNet and Ethernet/IP networks.

If I try to change the IP address of the device through RSLinx it says it cannot communicate and loads default settings on the page and I cannot set the IP address.

If I try to connect through RSNetworx then it tries to browse for devices and does not find any stating that there is a problem with the driver.

This is being treated as a standalone device so I'm not sure what node it should be set to, and they did not design any wiring to go into the DeviceNet connector so there isn't anything wired into the DeviceNet plug.

I am getting an E0 error along with an E3 n4 scrolling. All indicators are off except for MS which is Red/Green Flashing.

Should the DeviceNet plug have something wired to it? Any ideas why I can't connect to the controller to configure it?

There was a signficant change to the EDS subsystem in RSLinx Classic in version 3.6, which was rolled out along with RSNetworx v21 and Studio 5000 v21.

It basically broke all RSNetworx software prior to v21. Once you've installed (and want to keep using) Studio 5000 v21 and RSLinx Classic 3.x, you have to install RSNetworx v21 or higher.

I wouldn't look much further than that issue before doing any additional troubleshooting, even though your problem isn't presenting as the usual "I can't identify any devices when I browse with RSLinx" issue when you have an RSNetworx v11 and RSLinx 3.x conflict.

Just make sure that you know: there is no USB driver for 64-bit operating system.
You still can do Etherent or Devicenet, but for USB you must have 32-bit operating system.