VIPA 315-2AG23 simatic manager online fails

mathieu1881

Got a VIPA 315-2AG23 that i try to go online with but can't seem to make it work through a network. I can go online if i'm plugged directly in the PLC. I can ping the PLC when i'm on the network. I can upload the program but i can't go online when I open the project that I just uploaded. It says that it can't reach the PLC. I tried the assign address method from the siemens website, that didn't work. What am I doing wrong?

They are not on the same range but the PLC is setup to communicate through a gateway. Since I’m not the one that wrote the program I’m not sure if they set it up correctly. There were no CP343-1 in the hardware config. I added it in the uploaded project offline and was able to turn the online button in a block. I’m unable to do the hardware diagnostic though. It get stuck at switching online but it tries to connect. I might need to download the project with the CP343-1 in the configuration.