PLC S7 1200 fail to go online

Kratos15

Hi. I’m trying to upload program from existing PLC S7-1200. Create new project in TIA v15.1 then upload. After upload successfully, go online but received some notice as “ online and offline difference” and Difference in lower-level component”. Please help to solve. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2658.jpeg
    IMG_2658.jpeg
    156.9 KB · Views: 11
When I see this it is usually because the firmware version that you can set in TIA doesn't exactly match the firmware in the PLC. So long as the firmware in the PLC is in the same version ( 2,3 or 4) and has a higher number than TIA, then I haven't ever seen it cause a problem. They update PLC firmware more often than TIA software.

When I see this it is usually because the firmware version that you can set in TIA doesn't exactly match the firmware in the PLC. So long as the firmware in the PLC is in the same version ( 2,3 or 4) and has a higher number than TIA, then I haven't ever seen it cause a problem. They update PLC firmware more often than TIA software.
Thanks for your reply. I’m not familiar with Siemens PLC. Please advice how to set the firmware in TIA to match with PLC firmware?

To upload a running PLC project to PC (TIA Portal), you need:

1. Create a NEW PROJECT,

2. Then in PROJECT VIEW select:
Online->Upload device as new station (hardware and software)...

3. Select PLC and upload,

4. Go "online".

To upload a running PLC project to PC (TIA Portal), you need:

1. Create a NEW PROJECT,

2. Then in PROJECT VIEW select:
Online->Upload device as new station (hardware and software)...

3. Select PLC and upload,

4. Go "online".
I did same as your instruction and upload successfully but can’t go online.

Create a new project, add hardware, select s7-1200, then open that tree and select ‘unspecified s1200 CPU.
A yellow dialog box should pop up with ‘detect’ underlined, detect and it’ll upload the specific CPU hardware.

Then go online, and upload and it’ll bring the blocks up as well as the rest of the hardware.