INT Arrays To DINT Arrays

JonAW

Hi Guys,

In my current project I'm reading an integer data array from a micrologix 1200 to a compactlogix which is straight forward with the messaging command in the compactlogix. I'm then transferring the integer data into DINT data. What I would like to be able to do is move the integer array (0-9) into the DINT array (0-4). I'm using the FAL instruction to transfer the data in 1 scan. I followed the rockwell help files to setup the FAL instruction but it doesn't explain how to do the above. Can anyone help me with this?

I'm also working the other way round to write to the micrologix from the compactlogix. I think the FAL will automatically convert from a DINT array of 5 to an integer array of 10. Is this correct?

See attachment of what I'm doing. If this looks like it won't work, please correct me, I'm still very much a newbie at the plc game.

thanks

Jonny

Messaging.jpg