Datalogic DATAVS2 Inspection Switching

bernie_carlton

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Sorry for the long-winded introduction to the problem ...

I'm looking at the manual concerning 'Inspection Switching' using the 'Standard Protocol'. It talks about 3 (and ONLY 3) prolog pulses then followed by the selection pulses. But the timing diagram makes it impossible for the camera to know if 'ONLY 3' 'prolog pulses' were sent as the selecttion pulses follow with exactly the same timing with no special gap to separate them from the 'prolog pulses'.

Has anyone actually done this? Does it matter at all? I'm going to try first just sending the 'selection number' + 3 pulses.

Here's the manual link if you care to look. (Pages 174 and half of 175)

Last edited:
Ignore this. The inaccuracies of scan time made producing pulses within the tolerence of thiss setup impractical. Thanks for looking if you did.

The operator will have to use a local pendant to change the inspection selected.