Datalogic Laser Sentinal - LED 1 Object Detection/ Flashes with no Object in view

Cydog

Good Afternoon ,

We have a few Datalogic Laser Sentinal Scanners . We have 2 that are pointing upward toward the ceiling . Roughly , within a few minutes LED 1 ( Object Detection ) will flicker without anything in it's view ,and stops our robot.

What would cause this ? I was thinking the flickering of a fluorescent light ,
but we have all LED lighting . I never seen a Safety Scanner pointed upward , and scan above the machine , in an area of 9 o'clock to 3:00 o'clock .

Thanks so much for your help.

I would say it is possible that certain light sources may effect laser scanners, not had that but got called to a strapping machine where for no apparent reason the light guards on the infeed would trigger the safety relay, the mute was working correctly alignment was ok, it turned out that a forklift passing with a flashing orange beacon was the cause even though it was about a couple of metres away, not all forklifts did this, the answer was a cardboard flattened box taped to the guards cured the problem after all there were plenty of them the strapper strapped flat cardboard boxes to the pallet, so it was a quick fix lol.

It is always a good idea to clean them first, as they are often gently soiled. In my opinion, some light sources (e.g. alternating or variable frequency), can cause the situation that occurred in your case.