Proper Wiring For Valve Control (Compactlogix PLC)

smittylsr4

Using 24VDC Asco 4-Way Solenoid valves to supply air to actuators with NC/NO mechanical switches to indicate open/close position of each valve. How should the solenoid valves and limit switches be wired for control under PLC?

Wire the solenoid valves to 24 VDC outputs and the limit switches to 24 VDC inputs?
How do you think they should be wired? How many options are there?

Wire the solenoid valves to 24 VDC outputs and the limit switches to 24 VDC inputs?
How do you think they should be wired? How many options are there?

Thinking about running the solenoid through a relay first, but I'm pretty sure the modules should drive the solenoid with no issue. Better to be on the safe side I guess....

Yes, an interposing relay wouldn't hurt anything. You would also want to use diodes to protect your output from flyback from the relay coil or solenoid coil.