ProWorx 32 addressing

dgullige

So I'm a bit new to programming and a little stumped. I'm editing an already built program that has tags already addressed to I/O's... Here's where I'm stuck. Some of the I/O's have like port numbers I guess you could say (I don't know the technical term) but it looks like this: 40021:4 etc. What do I need to do to program that specific I/O and not the broad 40021. Thanks!

Not sure I completely understand your question.

40021 is a 16 bit integer. 40021:4 is the address of fifth bit in that integer.

40021:0 (bit 0)
40021:1 (bit 1)
40021:2 (bit 3)
40021:3 (bit 4)
40021:4 (bit 5)
and so on...

Use the SENS, MBIT, RBIT, and SBIT instructions to read, conditionally modify, reset, or set, an individual bit in a 4:XXXXX word.

0:XXXXX addresses are output bit addresses for discrete output cards.
1:XXXXX addresses are input bit addresses for discrete input cards.
3:XXXXX addresses are input word addresses for analog input cards.
4:XXXXX addresses are internal word addresses and when mapped by the traffic cop to an analog output card can be analog output words.

Download the Modicon Library Block User manuals - google knows where they are.

My condolences to you about you being stuck using that rubbish known as Proworx32.

Last edited:
Using the example you gave...
How would I tell 40021:2 to do something without telling the other 15 bits to do something? If that makes sense.
Example: I am using a BLKM to move 10001 to 40021 ...How to I tell the rest of the bits in the address what to do?

Example: I am using a BLKM to move 10001 to 40021 ...How to I tell the rest of the bits in the address what to do?

Careful. Address 10001 is a single bit. Are you moving 16 consecutive inputs to 40021? Test this. I think you have to use MBIT and a pointer to stuff 10001 through 10016 into one 4:xxxxx word. I don't think a block move works in this case, I think you'll end up one bit in each word 40021 through 40037.

Disclaimer, I don't touch Modicon 984s anymore so I'm going from memory, someone correct me if I'm remembering wrong.

Last edited: