Display on Alarm

jerry_smith

Hi,
If i want to make a display visible if there is any alarm in the system how can i do it? Should i use ALM_IN_ALARM(tag name) for each and every tag in the Visibility control expression,or is there a way to use ALM_IN_ALARM(\) for any alarmed tags? Or is there any other better way to do this?
Thank u
js

More specifics are needed.
What kind of HMI?
You can usually name a tag whatever you want.
Its the animation links and tag description that you
need to be concerned with.

Sorry. It is RSView32. The alarmed tags have already been created but they r under different folders. I feel that that has to some other way to give a warning display instead of controlling its visibility animation by giving ALM_IN_ALARM for each and every tag. Is there a way to use "ALM_IN_ALARM(any_tags)" instead of "ALM_IN_ALARM(Tag A)OR ALM_IN_ALARM(Tag B)" etc.
If there is any other better way to do this I would like to know that too.
Thank u
js

Why not create a General Alarm bit in the PLC program, then create a tag for that bit?

I haven't used RSView32, but if you were using Wonderware and didn't have access to the PLC program, you could create a script that when any alarm turned on set General Alarm tag, when any alarm turned off reset General Alarm tag if no other alarm is on.

You might be able to use the system/AlarmStatus tag.

Last edited:
I don't have RSView open in front of me so I can only point you in the general direction.

You would set up and event (or macro) that performs a SHOW command whenever the tag (or tags) you want to flag go high. Standard stuff so it's not to difficult to figure out.

Good Luck,

(8{)} ( .)