OT: Light duty dual pushbutton pendant

kolyur

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I've been Googling this for an hour and haven't come up with anything. I need a small handheld pendant for jogging a machine. It needs to have two buttons (24vdc low current and they could share a common). Something like in the picture but with an extra button.

So far everything I've found with 2+ buttons are large, heavy duty units meant for a crane or hoist. This is a very small piece of equipment and one of those bulky pendants is overkill and would look silly.

The icing on the cake would be something readily available from a reputable supplier... any suggestions?

70214419.jpg

I've been Googling this for an hour and haven't come up with anything. I need a small handheld pendant for jogging a machine. It needs to have two buttons (24vdc low current and they could share a common). Something like in the picture but with an extra button.

So far everything I've found with 2+ buttons are large, heavy duty units meant for a crane or hoist. This is a very small piece of equipment and one of those bulky pendants is overkill and would look silly.

The icing on the cake would be something readily available from a reputable supplier... any suggestions?

Sounds like something you could make easily with a small enclosure and some switches.

I've used these guys before for a lot of smaller enclosures:

www.budind.com

I'd personally also add an M12 receptacle for changing the cable out if it gets damaged.

http://www.automationdirect.com/adc/Shopping/Catalog/Wiring_Solutions/Micro_%28M12%29_Receptacles/7231-13501-9710050

I have made something like that

I had a project like that once and used a small inductive prox switch, depressing button with screw in bottom actuacted the switch

We use a "jog pendant" made by A/B which is really nice, probably overkill and expensive, but the really nice part might get ya. It is easy to use in my opinion, and our operators like them. It is bulky enough you will need a nice bracket to hang it on when not in use, but the grip makes it easy to handle.

Here's the line (we use the one with the mini e-stop on it).
http://ab.rockwellautomation.com/Push-Buttons/Emergency-Stop/440J-Grip-Enabling-Switches

Search for a Banner jog pendant.
Dead man switch and all and not bulky nor expensive.
I don't have any documents with me so a search may work for you.

Opss easy enough with goole, here you go:
http://www.bannerengineering.com/en...-Safety-Accessories/606/ED1G-Enabling-Device/

Thanks for all the suggestions. I found some small crane pendants in our stockroom so I think I'll just use one of those... nothing beats free.

I like the look of some of those enabling switches like the Banner unit but they're all big $$$ due to the safety rating.