storing data from B&R PLC through ethernet to PC

nickygriff

Hi guys,

I've been using a memory stick to store errors generated on my software by using device link. That works fine, but I would like to store the data directly to a network drive, or even the desktop of the connected laptop.. I've tried devlink and failed, does this need to be done with the AsEth libraries, or am i doing the devlink wrong? If anyone has any examples or info it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

You can add a network share (CIFS) with devlink. If you are having issues, it is normally on the Windows side. I usually ended up adding a user to the Windows machine named BR_PLC and giving it a password because it was easier than figuring out how to make an unprotected share accept the devlink connection. If the computer is on a domain, the configuration gets a little strange. I don't have examples unfortunately, my B&R projects are all on a drive that needs data recover service!

You can also setup an SQL server and have the PLC make entries (AsDb). This sounds like a lot of work, but I eventually found it to be easier than getting the FileIO setup.

Last edited:
Hi Winky,

I knew that it couldn't just be me finding this so difficult! Time to do some research on SQL servers then I guess.

Thanks a bunch!