Upgrading Citect Scada v5.41 to latest version

Jayden

Hi all,

Apologies if this has already been covered but I could not find the info I'm after in old threads.

I have recently been quoted quite a high price for a Citect integrator to upgrade our Citect software at our plant. I was happy to let people experienced in upgrading Citect take care of it but I am now considering doing it myself to safe paying their labour costs.

Can some please outline the steps and pitfalls involved in upgrading a project from. V5.41 to the latest ? From what I understand I would need open the project in every version between 5.41 and the latest.

Thanks

For what reason do you need to upgrade to the latest version?, because if it an't broken don't fix it.

There is a bit more involved than just opening the project in each version then saving it. The later version have a different page/cluster arrangement and l recon you are heading to a major brain melt down with the compilation errors Citect would come up with.

For what reason do you need to upgrade to the latest version?, because if it an't broken don't fix it.
So are you still running dos or did you upgrade to Windows 2000
But seriously by staying up to date you will have less problems with operating systems, security, communication drivers. Plus pick up new features as well
Pretty sure you would not be able to install 5.41 on a new pc, a scary thought when your 15 year old scada pc dies and the plant is down until you fix it

So are you still running dos or did you upgrade to Windows 2000
But seriously by staying up to date you will have less problems with operating systems, security, communication drivers. Plus pick up new features as well
Pretty sure you would not be able to install 5.41 on a new pc, a scary thought when your 15 year old scada pc dies and the plant is down until you fix it
Hi Duckman,

As Goeff C mentioned, I have concerns about the system failing and not being able to get things back online as quickly as I'd like and also getting any support for such an old version might might become an issue in the future with the software approaching 15 years old. The current setup will remain a working system while I attempt to upgrade on another PC, so I have time to get the upgrade working properly. From what I know so far, where "color fill" has been used may require some manual fixes. I'm assuming there will be a number of possible syntax issues also. It would've great if there was some info on what the known issues are.

Jayden