Function Block Timer Preset

DaleP

I am trying to set up a Function Block Timer (TONR in Controllogix5k) so that by changing the position of a selector switch, a different preset is loaded. With ladder logic I would just use two MOV instructions that would either move one number or another into the Preset, but the FBD timer doesn't allow me to "connect" the PRE input to more than one output. I tried this with MVMT and got errors. with only two choices, I can use Select, but what if I want more? Thanks.

use some variable to timer's input. With move/copy commands move new time to this variable.
If you want something like 3 different timer values, use three different move blocks and enable these move blocks with different bits/or with different integer value...?

Lare, if I understand you correctly, that won't work either. I can't Move or Copy to the same tag from two different instruction blocks. It's a bit like trying to drive the same analog input from two different transducers I suppose.

It appears that you posted a ladder logic program solution. I don't have a problem with doing it in ladder logic. I have a problem doing the same thing in Function Block Diagram (RSLogix5000). Please see attached. Red X's means RSLogix5000 is unhappy with my "overlapping data".

MVMT_TONR.JPG

Ok, if you use third move block, this should work, because now you write only one time to timer_preset.
This also should be scalable = should work if you have 2 or 20 different presets for timer.

Anyway, I use different PLC platforms

MVMT_TONR2.jpg