S7200 program Password protected.....

I've never used it myself but read yesterday that there is a program available on the Micro/Win CD or from the Siemens website for free called wipeout.exe which I believe resets the CPU to factory settings. It's available here http://support.automation.siemens.c...sinfo&lang=en&objid=2123168 &caller=view

It says WIPEOUT deletes

The user program (OB1)
The data block (DB1) and
All configuration information (SDB).

Not totally sure if it wipes the password but it's certainly worth reading up on. It does sound like you would need a back-up copy of the program though.

Not totally sure if it wipes the password

Yes it cleans out everything, I have used it a few times... that said, if you need the program that is in the CPU you need the password not this exe, but I do wish other manufactures would make the same thing... Automation Direct ... but not naming names :)