Will a PLC-2 or PLC-5 Program/Run Key work in a PLC-3?

I'll take some of that action, RussB !

As far as I know, there have been only three physical keyswitches on controllers in all of A-B history.

1747-KY1 fits SLC-500, ControlLogix, CompactLogix 1769, and FlexLogix controllers.

1768-KY1 fits CompactLogix 1768 series controllers

A126 fits PLC-2, PLC-3, PLC-5 controllers

But I don't know for absolutely certain about the PLC-3 keyswitch. The cardinal rule when I was working on PLC-3 controllers was "do not touch it unless you want to be blamed for whatever it does for the NEXT 25 years".

Last edited:
We tried an A126 key in a PLC 2/30 but it would not fit. It appears to need a key with teeth on both sides. Haven't tried the PLC-3 yet.

Similar Topics

Can we use a Simotion D455 ethernet port x127 as a gate, to access S7-1500 plc Tia Portal program ? In the Simatic manager, we used Netpro to do...
Replies
Views
Posted this to Reddit with little success, so I figured I would share it here as well. Very new to PLCs, but figured I would give it a shot to...
Replies
Views
I'm a beginner in the automation field and I've set up an automation system connecting several devices (datalogger, radio, etc.) via Modbus RS485...
Replies
Views
Hi All, want to ask. I have PLC a programme to control the valve. The existing programme is to control valve A (Y22), and I want to change to...
Replies
Views
can anyone has a good program to learn plc programming online. i have the basic looking into improve my skills thanks
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom