SD Card with Panelview Plus HMI

RMore

Has anyone ever experienced a situation on a Panleview Plus HMI (or any other HMI for that matter) where changing to a different brand SD Card seemed to make a difference in performance? If so, what brands do you prefer? What brands do you stay away from?

I use SanDisk SD cards exclusively in PanelView Plus terminals and haven't experienced any problems with them.

I always buy mine from NewEgg or Fry's so I have the best chance of getting genuine product. There's an awful lot of counterfeit stuff out there, even from Amazon sellers.

Andrew 'bunnie' Huang did an outstanding teardown of counterfeit Kingston devices he purchased retail a few years ago.

These days if I have a flash memory device that gives me any sort of a performance glitch, I'll just replace it and destroy the defective one so that it doesn't sneak back into our machines later. There's something satisfying about using a heavy ball-peen hammer on an SD card.