FTP into PanelView Plus CE through an ENBT card

Hello community!

I regularly FTP into our PanelView Plus CE devices when they are directly accessible to the network. However, I have some devices that are on customer networks that I would have to first drill through an ENBT card to then access the PanelView.

I've not found a way to FTP while drilling through a card, so I'm wondering if it's even possible???

I'm digging through past posts on the forum and scouring Google, but not finding anything as of yet. If I happen upon something I'll update this post so I'm not wasting anyone's time.

Thanks in advance.

As far as I know, EthernetIP can only encapsulate CIP and PCCC. If someone knows otherwise I too would like to know.

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

The ControlLogix backplane and EtherNet/IP modules are not general-purpose TCP/IP routers and you cannot run FTP or similar protocols through that route.

It would be neat if you could, especially for the purposes of getting logs and other data off a PanelView Plus device. But you can't.

Well that answers that then. *sigh

I was coming to the same conclusion, simply due to the fact that I wasn't finding anything to the positive on here or Google.

I appreciate the help!