Login To PanelView Plus Terminal Using PLC Digital Input

AF52

Hello,

I would like to change the way we currently login to our PanelView Plus terminals.
Currently we use the standard terminal features, Logon button followed by F2 Username & F3 Password.
Is it possible to connect a keyswitch to a PLC digital input and login to a PV which is connected via Ethernet?
Do I have to send the required key strokes and text stings as if I was using the panel front? Or is there a more straight forward solution?
Any help or pointers on how to achieve this would be appreciated.
Thanks for reading my post.

We use Custom Login logic in the PLC (Operator, Maintenance, Engineering) to allow certain actions (Show/Hide functions in the Panelview) by selecting the panelview object that we want to show or hide and then the amimation tab -> visibility.

ControlP,
Thanks for the reply.
I could use the visibility attribute on all items throughout the application, it is a solution.
The project is quite large and would require quite a bit of rework. That is why I would like to try and utilise the PV security through the PLC.

I understand sorry that I am not familiar enough with PV security to help you find an immediate solution. If you do decide rework you project and have questions about how to write and use the login logic with animation and PV objects I would be happy to help.

What I think you could do is use the keyswitch input to control the visibility on a Macro load button, create a login macro, and link the button to it.

It will involve an extra button press by the operator/supervisor to "Log In", but they won't have to remember or type in the username/password.

Thanks for all of the comments and suggestions.
I contacted tech support about this issue and it isn't possible to control the user access via the plc.
I used some plc digital inputs and linked attribute visibility to them.
Thanks again.

You could block display navigation altogether with the switch, perhaps that's useful for you:

Connect the global tag Remote Display Number with expression like "If NOT {Login_Switch} Then 100 Else 0". Then if switch is ON remote display nr is zero and you can navigate with the PanelView. If it's OFF then Screen 100 is activated and you can't navigate screens until switch is on.