PanelView plus login code change

CH1

I want to change the code on an application (v5). There are users, groups already created but never been used to my knowledge. i tried the 'reset password', create runtime application but it doesnt work......anyone know

1) When you say want to change the code do you mean you want to change the passwords?

2) Under the properties of each user are any of the boxes checked (example: Account is disabled).

Yes, sorry the laptop is at the machine. I dont know the password thats previously been used. An occasion where we need to access an engineerin page has come. We entered the code on the HMI login but an error comes up 'access level...which is wrong access code

So you selected the user you wanted to change the password for and reset the password. You then created a new runtime file, transferred that file to the HMI and the new password still did not work?

Did the runtime file you created have the same name as the old one?

I have seen in the past that there may be multiple runtime files on an HMI and if when you do not have the "Run application at start-up" box checked in the Trnasfer Utility that it will run the old app.

There are also other settings under System/Policies/Security Policies that have an affect on the password handling etc.

I hope that helps a bit. Unfortunately I do not have a PV+ in front of me. I just upgraded to V5 of the HMI software so there may be some differences from V4 that I am unware of.

Cheers

I'll try a more obvious change, conveyor colour for eg with the code change and see if its the new .mer running. Need to keep the name the same. Ill let you know

Yes, the new .mer replaces the old. Found the problem though, need to enter the user in the security settings at the top of the tree, ie which pages it can access or not
+ set up the user, and group at the bottom of the tree (under system folder i think)