First Out Over Comms

learner

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi there,

Haven't touched SLC for a few years. I have been presented with the task of writing FO alarm logic in SLC 500.

- the process is run by three SLC's accross the plant. communication is over ethernet / Messaging. not sure what would be the best practice to catch the first outs considering that I am at the Merci of Comms.

- I have done some fancy first out logic in Rslogix5000 but I don't think this would fly in RSlogix500. Any suggestion for a very simple FO alarm?

Thanks guys

Always a learner

Here's a sample RSLogix 500 program for FO Alarming...

22920 - Program example of "First Out" alarm, which is an ISA F1A standard
Access Level: TechConnect

Regards,
George