Kinetix6000

nehpets

Regarding sercos motor control I am a complete novice so i'm a little out of my depth here.

My issue is that I have 4off kinetix6000 servo drives and a master IAM controller driving 4off servo motors and an indexing conveyor utilising a virtual resolver all driven by sercos card and a controllogix PLC.

One of the servo motors has gone bye byes, and a replacement one is a week away so I want to run the equipment without this drive.

My question is:- is it possible to disable the control for the faulty drive allowing the others to run. If so, any advice would be appreciated.

Steve

Hi

With out having the plc program its not a straight answer.
First it is possibile to take to faulty drive out of the sercos loop by just moving the sercos cable. Then you would have to remove the drive from the I/O tree. This means then the plc code would have to be changed, it may be a good idea to change the servo motor "that is attached to this drive" to a virtual type motor.

If its possibile PM the code and let me know which drive and I am could have a look at it for you.

Donnchadh

Hi

Sorry should have also said that if other servo motors are interacting with this servo it may be a lot harder or impossibile to remove it from the code.

Donnchadh

yes

I think that there is an application note or knowledge base article about it

From memory there are a number of methods
1) remove the axis from the motion group then download the program
2) disable the drive (right click on the drive in the sercos)

+1 for the axis must not be needed

Thanks for everybody's input, I forgot to mention that these servo motors are connected to linear screws and are electronically cammed to operate pumps (filling machine). However after a serious hunt through old stock in the stores, we found an old repaired unit that appeared to be seized, after stripping, cleaning up and modifying the torque profile we managed to get it to run ok, hopefully it will last until a new one arrives.

These servo motors are Exlar manufacture and because of their age (12years+) they have to return states side to be repaired (mega bucks).

Again thanks for your input.

Steve