PLC5-CLX ethernet question

alan_505

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone know if you can connect the pins from a 1756-EN2T RJ45 plug to the 15 pin transceiver that was previously connected to a PLC5/40E AUI port, if so which pins do I connect to.

Alan

Thanks for the prompt reply, I was afraid that would be the answer, just wanted it confirmed.

Alan

What I am trying to do is connect the 1756-EN2T to the original transceiver that was on the PLC5.

It is a 3Com ISOLAN 1680-5.

Trying not have to use a RJ45 ethernet to fibreoptic cable, all the AB stuff has LC connectors and the 1680-5 is connected to the plant fibreoptic network with St plugs.

Last edited:
You should be able to pick up an AUI to 10Base-T transceiver for about $20 to $30 US. You are going to need a switch also if you want to use the Ethernet for anything else