How to connect a relay to a relay output PLC

Hello, my problem arised when connecting this 12v 2 relay module to the relay output of a Mitsubishi Fx3g PLC, i have gone through the manual where it shows, the way to connect the output wiring, (if i am correct) which say y0,y1 should be given + of the load(which is my relay) and negative of the power supply is given to the COM pins, if i consider the relay module seperately, i need to give +12v to the DC+ and -12V to the DC- to drive the coil of the relay, in this case how can i connect this relay module to the PLC relay output. help please.
Thanks

plc relay output.jpg

Last edited:
To be absolutely sure of the connection can you provide the part number or link to information of the relay module. It appears that the jumpers allow you to select either high level or low level operation. Those will have to be set correctly. In any case you will have to provide an external voltage source.

The 'gereechina' web site does not have a picture or information for this module. Only the DC-DC convertor sections of their product pages have information.

Last edited:
thanks for the reply

please refer to this document sir, i think it has almost all the information about the relay, which is been provided by the seller.

thanks

Sorry if i was wrong, i think, there nothing to do with those jumpers because, these are for the high and low level triggering , when i tested the relay board normally with power supplies and some inputs from sensors, it worked fine, so like there is no problem with those jumpers location weather high or low, my question is from the figure i mentioned above , if i am correct load is my relay, and its saying + from my load (relay) should be given to Y(output), and - of the load should be given to - of the power supply, and + from the power supply is given to the the COM pin of the PLC,

On page 2 of the document, it says that for your 12 volt relay module, your trigger input must be 12 volts DC. You have your PLC output wiring shown for 24 volts DC.

You must change your PLC Output to use the same 12 Volt DC power supply as your relay module uses, in other words a common power supply for both the PLC Output Y0 (and Y1 if used), and for the 12 volt relay module.

Using a common 12 volt DC power supply:
+12 volt power supply wire goes to PLC COM1, and also to relay module "+12".
-12 volt power supply wire goes to relay module "-12".
PLC "Y0" output wire goes to relay module "IN1".
If you need a second relay output, wire "Y1" to "IN2"

Set jumper to "HIGH" to switch relay when PLC Output goes high or ON.

Last edited:
and my question is, if i connect the +(DC+)of the relay to the Y,-(DC-) of the relay to the - power supply, and +of the power supply to the COM. how can i energize the IN1 pin of the relay when output Y is energized?. so for the confusing questions.

how can i energize the IN1 pin of the relay when output Y is energized?. so for the confusing questions.
Looking at the relay module wiring diagram on page 3, when the IN1 terminal goes ON or high, the internal transistor is switched on, causing +12 volts to be applied to the internal coil of the relay module. That means that the voltage that goes to IN1 (or IN2) needs to be common to the VCC voltage ("+12" terminal of the relay module), so your power supply should be common to both the PLC outputs and the relay module. It might be possible to use a non-common supply of 6 to 12 volts, but risky.

You should use a fuse, in case you get a wire in the wrong place! You want the fuse to burn up before the relay module or the PLC output relay contact burns up!

Last edited: