5000 First Timer

Bering C Sparky

Lifetime Supporting Member
Been busy and just getting back to this.
Its my first time programming in 5000 from the ground up.
I have been following this example.

http://www.contactandcoil.com/rslogix-5000-tutorial/

I am building my own real life project, not making a washing machine like in the example above.

Well I guesss I am not making anything yet have not gotten that far.

I mapped out some inputs just as it shows in the example.
But now when you go to use the internal coils that were created during the mapping. They will not show up in other parts of the program.

For instance Under:
MainTask > Mapinputs > Sub10_Embeded_24vdc_DI I have mapped Local:1:I.Data.2 to an internal coil named BAADER_RUNNING.

But now when I go to MainTask > Baader > Sub10_Baader_Monitor
and try to use this same tag it does not show up.
It nor any of the internal coils I made in Mapinputs dont show up, only the Actual I/O that is physically on the controler shows in the drop down window.
If I type the tag name in manually it shows it as a "Undefined Tag". (Even though this same tag is Defined already in Mapinputs)

If I try to use this same internal tag anywere under "Mapinputs it will work there, but not in new programs on the Controller Organizer.

I think I am following the procedures as outlined in the link above, and it shows this same thing working there, so what gives?
If anyone has time to look at this please let me know.

I know there is not much to look at yet but any suggestions would be appreciated.

BCS

Well,
After poking at it with a stick a bit,
I found that when you define the tag under "Tag Properties"
if you set the "Scope" to Controller Name (in this case baader_test_3) instead of to one of the sub program names (ie: Mapinputs,Common Elements or Baader in this case) then you can use the tag in any of the sub programs but only have to define it once.

Am I correct here?

Problem now is I have already made them and doesnt look like it can just be changed without deleting and making them again.

Oh well lesson learned, will not forget that one anytime soon.

If anyone sees I am wondering down the wrong road elsewhere or has any other suggestions I am all ears.

Thanks

BCS

You should be able to copy the tag from the program tag table and paste it to the controller tag table. Once that is done you should be able to delete the tag in the program tag table.

There are times when having strictly local scoped tags is an advantage. But start out with controller scoped tags for less confusion.

Note - do the above described editing while offline.