Micrologix 1200

nagaraj_h

I am new to Allen Bradley PLC. My customer has specified Micrologix 1200 series, 1762-L40BWAR + couple of expansion modules. RSLogix-500 is asking me to choose between, series A, B and C. Which one do I select? The selection guide does not include this information.

It should be printed on the sticker on the side of the PLC along side the part number. If a new PLC is being purchased for this project, it will most likely be series C.

In my experience, if you end up selecting the wrong version its no big deal. RSLogix will let you know when you try to download it, and you can change the processor revision then.

It should be printed on the sticker on the side of the PLC along side the part number. If a new PLC is being purchased for this project, it will most likely be series C.

In my experience, if you end up selecting the wrong version its no big deal. RSLogix will let you know when you try to download it, and you can change the processor revision then.

this. I always pick "A" and if it ends up being different RsLinx will let you know and prompt you to change it. no biggie

Thanks for all the replies.
Another question on same model: If I am reading correctly, this model only has 105 Integer registers (N7:0 to N7:104)? Am I missing something? That seems too low.

I'm not sure where you could be reading that. Maybe it's an example of a data table address.

SLC-500 and MicroLogix data tables use a 1-byte address pointer, so they can be a maximum of 255 elements long. This size is adjustable on all except the MicroLogix 1000.

The specifications for the MicroLogix 1200 show it has 4K of user program memory and 2K of data table memory.

Check out the MicroLogix Controller Selection Guide (1761-SG001) to compare the memory sizes of the MicroLogix 1100, 1200, and 1400 controllers.

SLC-500 and MicroLogix data tables use a 1-byte address pointer, so they can be a maximum of 255 elements long. This size is adjustable on all except the MicroLogix 1000.

And that is just for N7:??, you can add another data file e.g N10:0 to N10:255 , N11:0 to N11:255 and so on.